Monday, December 1, 2008

It's Official........I'm 50!

Yesterday, I had the best birthday I have ever had!  I had kinda dreaded turning 50 since this time last year, even though it 's just another day, it is a milestone (but better than a tombstone, I guess!).  I had planned to have a day to do anything that I felt like doing, which was absolutely nothing!  I kept my pj's on until 5 and then decided to take a shower and go to Wal-Mart.  Dean told me I couldn't go but to get dressed because we were going out to eat for the "big day".  I protested a little, but got ready anyway.  While he was getting dressed, I made my "birthday trip" to Graceland East to "talk" to my mom, who has been gone from my life for almost 14 years.  I always go by there to thank her for giving me the life that I have so enjoyed living.  She was, to me, the perfect example of a mom and "Grammie", and everyday I fall short of trying to be like her.  I don't think I could ever measure up to her, but I am thankful to have such an inspiration to look up to!  Anyway, I get back home to pick up Dean and he says that we have to run by Brandi and Jon's to drop something off.  Of course, I never miss a chance to see my beautiful "grands"!  So in we go, and to borrow Anna's phrase, "OH MY GOSH!"  MY LIFE flashes right in front of me!!!!  My two best friends, Rhonda and Connie,  from elementary school through high school are standing there, my best friend, Donna, since Brandi was in 2nd grade, the best shopping buddy in world, Allison, the best in-laws and friends, anyone could ask for, Barry and Delane and Ken and Charlene, the best Dad in the world (mine of course), and the absolutely best children and grandchildren in the whole wide world, Brandi, Jon, Anna, Ava, Brian, and Morgan!!!!!!  They said that I looked like Fred Sanford, and it felt like "the big one"!  Unbelievable.....................that's the only way to describe how I felt!  That is one of those times that you just don't want to end.  Just think, that is how we will feel in heaven, except it won't end!  Unbelieveable!  I truly cannot remember when I have had so much fun!  I felt like I was in high school again, and then I looked around I saw that I really did marry the love of my life, had great kids, then gained a great son and daughter-in-law, THEN adorable little "grand girls"!  The only person missing was my mom, and you know, I think she was there!  You could almost hear her laughter in all of the old stories that we told!  The sweetest daughter in the whole world was responsible for truly "making my day", and I will never be able to thank her enough.  She even made the fabulous cake!  I am so proud of the woman and mother that she has become!  Anna and Ava are blessed to have such great parents (by the way, Jon's name is in Webster's dictionary in the definition of "daddy")!  Well, I am going to start planning my next project now that I hopefully will start after Christmas.  Brian and Morgan gave me an awesome outdoor heater that I can work on my project out in the cold with (although I think I am supposed to use it to "sit" by and keep warm while enjoying the pond). I hope old Santa brings me a nail gun that will come in handy while building my project!  These 50 year old hands start aching after using a hammer all day, but wait, I think I got some pain relief ointment for my birthday, so if Santa forgets me, I have a backup!!!  Wow, I still can't believe what an awesome birthday, I will remember this for the rest of my life!!!  I love you all, and by the way, 50 ain't so bad!!!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

ok....what in the world is your next project? i don't even know if i want to know. we had a great time last night too!!

Allison said...

I just love you to death Cindy. I was so glad to be apart of your special day. You are awesome and you so deserved it. Your blog mad made me cry just as much as when I saw your sweet surprised face!!!